Starter Soap Making Kit DECONSTRUCTED with RED Natural Silicone Mold
Product DetailsSKU: SK-SM-106 UPC: 810068070132 Uses: Science education project that includes a broad range of activities from the kindergarten classroom to the summer camp activity to simple family fun and gifts.
Shipping Restrictions: AIR SHIPMENT PROHIBITED
- AIR SHIPMENT PROHIBITED -> Can only be shipped to USA 48 Contiguous States
- ORM-D -> Can only be shipped to USA 48 Contiguous States
- ORM-D FREE SHIP -> Can only be shipped to USA States and USA Territories
Country of Origin: USA Length (inches): 12 Width (inches): 4 Height (inches): 4
(Revolutionary Essential Depot)
Introduced to the R.E.D. (Revolutionary Essential Depot) line of products on April 25, 2020.
Designed for educators in secondary classrooms, this kit is also perfect as an activity and entertainment aid as well as for gift giving. As an educational craft kit, use this kit to demonstrate through a hands-on involvement how to make a loaf of soap. Recently, however, not only educators use this kit, but it is also used in home school based projects, summer camp activities, as a senior hands-on crafating activity, and just pure family fun as well as fabulous gifts.
Included in the kit:
- Printed Instructions (see image above)
- Gloves (size medium)
- Protective Eyewear
- Silicone Spatula
- 5 oz Sodium Hydroxide, solid (NaOH)
- Mixing bowl for your lye water
- 16 oz Olive Oil
- 15 oz Coconut Oil
- 2 oz Castor Oil
- 1 oz Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil (scent is random)
- 1 additive (appropriate for the scent)
- Mold (food grade silicone and reuseable)
- Labels for the finished soap
- PURCHASED SEPARATELY: Refill kits (does not inlcude: mold, goggles, mask, gloves, apron, spatula, lye mixing bowl, instructions)
Additional safety items not included in the kit that you will need are:
- NONE !
You will also need the following soapmaking equipment:
- mixing bowl large enough for ALL ingredients (Stainless Steel, HDPE, or even Glass) NO ALUMINUM OR ZINC!!!
- stainless steel spoon (for mixing the lye but can use the silicone spatula)
- Cutting blade (knife, metal dough/bench scrape, even a fine strong wire, etc.)
- optional: stickblender (immersion blender), if you want to speed up the mixing time/effort
- optional: scale, if you want to weigh items for extra calculations but you can guess at the water weight/quantity
Soapmaking DO’s and DON’Ts:
- ALWAYS work in a well ventilated area
- Wear your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- DO NOT get distracted
- NEVER add water to lye, ALWAYS slowly add the lye to water
- NEVER use aluminum or zinc coated items, ALWAYS use stainless steel or plastic or even glass