4 lbs Potassium Hydroxide Flakes KOH - 4 x 1lb Bottles
Product DetailsSKU: KOH-4x1LB-FOOD_GRADE UPC: 810068070712
Country of Origin: USA CAS #: 1310-58-3 Harmonized Code: 2815200050 Length (inches): 5 Width (inches): 5 Height (inches): 8.25 Gross Weight (lb.): 5 Net Weight (lb.): 4 SDS/MSDS Link: http://www.essentialdepot.com/msds/KOH_SDS.pdf C.O.A. / G.C. Link: http://www.essentialdepot.com/msds/KOH_COA.jpg Ayurvedic Blog: http://ayurvedicoils.com/ Essential Oil Blog: http://essentialoil.net/ Greener Life Products: https://greenerlifeclub.com/product-directory/
Per Container: 4 x 1 lb of Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) shipped in an HDPE container, each container with a resealable child proof cap.
Manufactured by the electrolysis of a potassium chloride (KCI) solution using membrane electrolytic cells (but non mercury based). Chlorine and Hydrogen are formed from the electrolytic production as co-products.
2 to 5 day Shipping included in price to the following destinations to which UPS 2 Day Air Service will deliver without a surcharge which is: most locations within the 48 contiguous States, most of Alaska, most of Hawaii, and some locations in Puerto Rico.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission tested and approved: KOH, container, cap, label, plastic bag, shipping packaging, and transportation.***** Hazardous Material Notice *****
THIS SHIPMENT IS CLASSIFIED AS HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. OUR PACKAGING MEETS ALL APPLICABLE REQUIREMENTS OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. WE ARE A CERTIFIED SHIPPER AND SEND THIS PRODUCT IN SAFE AND LEGAL PACKAGING BY A LEGAL CARRIER.
Please Note: If you want the best value per bottle, including shipping, check out our 32lb (16 x 2lb bottles) and 128 lb (64 x 2 lbs bottles) offerings which give you a much lower price per bottle for the product delivered to your door. And because we only use high quality HDPE containers, with air tight resealable caps, you can keep the product for as long as you wish in the garage (just make sure the caps are tight).
Here are our typical Certificate of Analysis for the Potassium Hydroxide products:
- COLOR: White - Off-White
- FORM: dry, solid, flake, anhydrous, hygroscopic (attracting moisture), deliquescent (dissolving in moisture absorbed from the atmosphere)
- ODOR/AROMA: Odorless in its dry state.
- NUTRITION: No nutritional value.
- SOLUBILITY: freely dissolves in water with agitation under proper conditions, without agitation the flakes will fall to the bottom and form a layer of hydrate which will dissolve but very slowly
- pH: Not Applicable, will form a significant amount of salt when neutralized
- Hygroscopic: yes
- Explosive - not explosive
- Flammability - not flammable
KOSHER: Kosher Certified product re-packed into containers.
HALAL: Not certified, however, it does not contain alcohol, natural L-cysteine extracted from hair or feathers, animal fats/extracts, blood, blood plasma, or meat. Alcohol is not used as processing aid. May be acceptable for Halal consideration.
NON-GMO: Not manufactured with and does not contain genetically modified organisms.
CRUELTY FREE: Not tested on animals.USES:
- Soap - liquid soap
- Detergents - an alkaline builder
- Biodiesel - used a catalyst in the production of biodiesel
- Battery Manufacturing - alkaline batteries
- Food - chemical peel
- pH - used to adjust/modify pH
- Dehydrating Agent - a chemical desiccant, controls moisture
- Metal Works - a fused alkaline salt mixture used for metal cleaning, electroplating
- Descaling - descales ferrous metals
- Agriculture - an ingredient in fertilizers
- Industrial - molten bath for removing polyesters/polyurethanes from steel objects, removing insulating coatings, from wire, paint and varnish remover
- Art - photoengraving, lithography
- Cotton - dyeing, bleaching, and mercerizing
BEFORE HANDLING, it is important that engineering controls are operating and protective equipment requirements and personal hygiene measures are being followed. People working with this chemical should be properly trained regarding its hazards and its safe use.
WHEN HANDLING, refer to the Safety Data Sheet and Product Warning Label and follow all instructions and warnings. The creation and dilution of solutions produces considerable heat and may cause boiling, spattering, or violent eruption. Workers should be properly instructed in dilution procedures and exercise caution. Incompatibilities: Flammable liquids, Water, Acids, halogenated compounds, certain metals including aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, lead, tin, zinc, and their alloys and other alkali sensitive metals. Therefore, containers or tools of those materials are NOT suitable for handling or storing Potassium Hydroxide. Aluminum will quickly corrode generating flammable hydrogen gas. Plastics, such as polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, and CPVC, can be used (without silica) as they are chemically compatible if you adhere to the plastics maximum temperature limitations.
The United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) have established or recommended occupational airborne exposure limits. The established Ceiling Limit should not be exceeded during any part of the working exposure.
STORAGE: Recommend use of the air tight shipping container to minimize any product agglomeration in the package.