EPSOM SALT - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - MgSO4 - 30 LBS
Product DetailsSKU: EPSOMSALT-30LBS UPC: 810068070057
Botanical Name: Magnesium Sulfate Country of Origin: U.S.A. Color: White CAS #: 10034-99-8 Harmonized Code: 25302020 Length (inches): 12 Width (inches): 12 Height (inches): 12 Gross Weight (lb.): 32 Net Weight (lb.): 30 Skin Safe: Yes
Epsom Salt (or Epsom Salts) is known as Magnesium Sulfate or Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate.
Not a dangerous substance according to the Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
Epsom Salt is a hydrated salt with seven molecules of water, so caking or bridging can occur.
Shipped to you in a safety sealed HDPE container with a resealable lid and a removable handle.
- Cosmetic: Used in hair care products such as hair wave neitralizer solutions and in hair "densifier" products.
- Soaps: Used to prevent shrinking and cracking
- Detergents: Used as a viscosity control agent and a foam stabilizer and densifier. Also used as an anti-caking agent.
- Fermentation: Used as the magnesium ion source in yeast and antibiotic production.
- Fuel: Used as a sulfate ion source, sulfur and magnesiium based conditioner.
- Agricultural: Used to correct magnesium deficiency in crops and animal feed. Commonly applied to magnesium-hungry plants or potted plants.
- Medicinal: Used as an analgesic soaking agent for bruises and sprains.
- Water Treatment: Used as a hardener, removal of heavy metals.
- Steel: Used as a salt bath for brightening and zinc plating.
- Leather Processing: Used as a weighting agent.
- Other Miscellaneous: photographic solutions, artificial snow, magnesium stearate, magnesium sulfonate
General Physical Properties:
- Physical State: solid, crystalline
- Form: granular
- Odor: odorless
- pH: 6 - 7
- Specific Gravity: 1.76 g/cm3
- Water Solubility: 71g/100ml at 20C, 91g/100ml at 40C)
- Incompatible Materials: metal hydrides and other water reactive materials.
- Melting Point: >1,000C, at decomposition (very high temperatures), magnesium oxide, sulfur dioixed, and sulfur trioxide may be generated.
- Loss on Ignition: 40 - 52
Typical Chemical Analysis:
Heavy Metals (as Pb)
Assay, % MgSO4 (Dry Basis)
% MgSO4 (as ?? Basis)
140 ppm max
20 ppm max
30 ppm max
10 ppm max
99.0 - 100.5
47.52 - 60.3
Calculated from Assay & LOI