8oz HAND SANITIZER - FOAMING - 70% Alcohol - W.H.O. Recommended Ingredients Included
Product DetailsSKU: HAND-SANITIZER-FOAMING-8OZ UPC: 812841023069
Country of Origin: USA Volume: 8 fl oz Color: Clear Length (inches): 2.25 Width (inches): 5 Height (inches): 5.75 Net Weight (lb.): 0.48 C.O.A. / G.C. Link: http://www.essentialdepot.com/msds/Foaming-Sanitizer-ED-SDS.pdf Skin Safe: Yes
HAND SANITIZER - 66% Alcohol v/v min - W.H.O. Recommended Formula and Ingredients - W.H.O.-Recommended Formulations were preferred to the product previously in use because of better tolerability, easier on the skin. According to the NIH; logistic, economic, safety, and cultural and religious factors have all been carefully considered by W.H.O. before recommending such formulations for use worldwide. NIH also reports that at present, alcohol-based handrubs are the only known means for rapidly and effectively inactivating a wide array of potentially harmful microorganisms on hands. Further stating that for optimal compliance with hand hygiene, handrubs should be readily available, either through dispensers close to the point of care or in small bottles for on-person carriage. Each active Ingredient is pharmaceutical quality. Bottles have been kept in quarantine for 72 hours allowing the required time for any spores present in the alcohol or the new bottles to be eliminated by H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide).
Shipped to you in an HDPE container with a resealable pump cap.
DIRECTIONS: Apply a palmful of alcohol-based handrub and cover all surfaces of the hands, rub hands until dry.
Final Concentrations of each ingredient:
- ethyl alcohol 66% v/v min (see Simple Alcohol below)
- 2-(perfluorohexyl) ethanol
- PEG-10 acrylate/perfluorohexylethyl
- purified water
- For external use only.
- Service Industry Employees
- Educational Facilities
- Health Care Facilities
- In areas lacking accessibility to sinks or other facilities for had hygiene (including clean water, towels, etc.)
- Promotes hand hygiene compliance
- Faster process for hand hygiene
- More convenient hand hygiene
- Hygienic Hand Antisepsis
- An antimicrobial handrub
- Presurgical Hand Preparation
ODOR: maybe unpleasant, but characteristic, not a deterent to use
FLASH POINT: 71F(21.7C)
REFILLING: Do not refill bottle without strict adherence to GMP ("Good Manufacturing Practices") and norms for cleaning and disinfecting the bottle(s) (e.g. autoclaving or thermal disinfecting is preferred but boiling or chemical disinfection with chlorine for the requisite time frame is also acceptable if done properly).
OTHER ADDITIVES (or adulteration) to the formulation:
- It is strongly recommended that no other ingredients be added except as specified here.
- Addition of other additives not specified here will require full justification, documented safety, compatibility with the other ingredients, must be free of viable bacterial spores, plus relevant details included on the product label.
- Alcohol % by v/v: must remain at 60% v/v or higher
- Other Humectants or Emollients: Must be miscible in water AND alcohol, non-toxic, and hypoallergenic.
- Colorants: may be added so long as safe and compatible with the essential components. But note that Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) may fade the color.
- Gelling Agents: may compromise antimicrobial efficacy as well as present product difficulties.
- Fragrances: not recommended due to allergen risks.
- Water: sterile distilled water is preferred but you may use boiled and cooled tap water which is free of visible particles.
STORAGE: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep away from flame and heat. Keep container closed to prevent evaporation and contamination. Recommend storage in the container provided to protect the product from heat and contamination.
In Chemistry, there are 3 main types of alcohol: